1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

E10 Ethanol increase: Announced introduction 2020 in the UK

Trojan441 Jul 21, 2019

1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

Okay, so I believe U across the pond, have already experienced this issue, but here we are yet to experience it's introduction, maybe apart from my 2010 Mazda none of my other vehicles are E10 compatible? Any thoughts on this issue?

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

There are several experience reports in the web 'bout E5/E10 which is aggressive to rubber parts; sometimes you can replace parts with newer resistant ones so I have my own solution for this officially political 'there-is-no-problem-known' prob: I add to every tank fillup some 2-stroke-oil in ration 500:1 (gasoline : oil) which builds a thin film on all parts fluid is passing on and avoids as well corrosion inside the tank - works for me.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Marvile Mystery oil gets tossed into my fuel if the one station that sells real gasoline is closed when I fill up. That ethanol loves to draw the water out of the air.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: According to all that I read that 10% ethanol fuel can be run in all motorized machines that was manufactured from the early 80s on up. Our Government passed 15% ethanol and no Motorcycle Manufactured to date can use it along with any other small gas powered motors such as lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters and so fourth. I have yet to see any fuel stations near me offering 15% ethanol fuel or even 85%. It's all bullshit. No reason to put ethanol in the fuel. The farmers have our Politicians in their back pockets. We have about 7 gas stations near me the sell either 87 or 89 octane ethanol free fuel. It costs between $2.89 a gal. to $3.39 a gal. I buy 20 gal. a month for all my motorized machines plus my bikes.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  5. Trojan441

5% Ethanol unleaded fuel is if U R lucky here £1.25.9 they say we have the most expensive fuel in Europe, we pay Duty plus tax, multiply x 4.54 £5.72 a gallon our gallon being 8 pints! As U add ethanol your MPG falls plus U R paying I believe the same price for the Ethanol component as the petroleum content. Ethanol is corrosive in that it has hygroscopic qualities and absorbs water, which gets in the mix if left n' corrodes our beloved machines.

Adding Two-stroke oil or any other mix probably increases pollution n' also importantly increases the cost of MPG! From what I have read above 5% ethanol n' Official policy is deliberation clearing the roads of vehicles n' causing untold damage to lots of older machines. It is a perfect solution for the beginning of the end of personal transport!

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: In Road Island USA if a motorcycle is over 10 years old and never been registered in RI or never been Titled in another State they will not let you Title it.

7. 87kawzl

That's going to save the planet, I don't know how people live on the coasts with the taxes and laws that have been heaped on them, they just keep voting for more of the same too.
    PA wants to be just like NY nowadays, Dems redistricted the maps to keep the stranglehold on. Pittsburgh mayor is a real piece of work.

8. Harriminator

I care a sh** 'bout pollution - free ride for free people! For a long time the city Bonn was capital city of Germany till it changed to Berlin, but there are still some external offices in Bonn where the Ministry staff appears to do things which could be done in Berlin as well, but so they're making millions of flight miles - that's what I call reckless pollution...and the people have to pay tax to gov for this BS:pain10:.

At the moment we have here a discussion 'bout CO2-tax so gas and energy will price up (thnx to Greta Thunberg:angryfire:) and still the speed limit 130 km/h on Autobahn is on the table - if it comes so my bikes will only have 2 gears: 1st in the city, 2nd on country road w/ tacho pin nearby red zone...:happyfaceputt5k:

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: How much are taxes in the Pittsburg area now. Our house has 4 bed rooms, 3 full bath rooms, family room, computer room, a 2 car garage and a back porch on 1/2 acre of land which is a corner lot. Under roof is 3200 square feet and 2400 of it is air conditioned. We also have 2 sheds. Our taxes are around $1200 a year. Our house was built in 1986 at $59,800. Tax assessment is 108 K. After a $75,000 of Home Stead exemption we pay taxes on 33 K. Market value on our home as of now is about 300 K. If we built our house today we would pay taxes on 300 K minus 75 K = 225 K taxed.

10. 87kawzl

Taxes are different for each county, the school taxes are high in my district but the great school rankings (#3 in pgh, #15 in PA, #618 national) are driving real estate prices up.
    County taxes on 280 assessed value is around $1350 county but school taxes come in at ~5500. Plus we get to enjoy highest gas tax in the country, the sinner taxes on smokes (nonsmoker) and booze, 7% sales, registration costs up every year and more toll roads every time you turn the corner.

11. Trojan441

Nazis!

12. Trojan441

You consider people are "FREE"!

13. Harriminator

More FREE than in North Korea but not as much as you soon now having 'BoJo' as PM...

14. Trojan441

Same Sh*T almost everywhere!