1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail alerts

badbrad Mar 23, 2014

1. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Well, after all these years my email notifications have stopped working. The Mods are working on it and I have checked everything under the sun as to why its not working. If I don't respond to your private messages right away, it's not because I'm ignoring you. The emails were a good way to be notified of thread changes and private messages. I understand that some others are having trouble also and maybe if you could post here, we may can find something common to us and get this issue resolved.

Anybody else having notification trouble?

Brad

2. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

Have you tried using CHROME Brad and or check your settings on the site?:goodluck:

3. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Mine not working either.

4. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

All I have been able to pinpoint is the day it stopped working! I have not changed any settings on my email end or the sites end. Hopefully we can get it nailed down as its a good tool to keep up with the latest and greatest!

5. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

"Have you tried using CHROME Brad and or check your settings on the site?[​IMG]"

No, never used it before! The only thing I've done lately is upgrade my iPhone but its not just the phone, it's any device.

6. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I've been trying to figure this out but have not come up with anything as of yet as far as something wrong with the site. I did send myself a test pm and it came right through on the site and I also received an email notification of the pm. Don't know what to say to those who are not receiving.

7. test

test Guest

testing feature

8. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Took about 3-4mins but email came through for me on PM and test reply this thread

9. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Test send to Brad

10. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Brad, test sent

11. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Well, it started working today. I just received an E-mail alert from Markus on a Private message. Hopefully it will work with subscribed threads also:thumbsup:

12. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

good, hope it keeps working for you!

Putt

13. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

I went through and checked all the settings the other day and they all looked fine.
    I flushed the cache on the forums pages so maybe that helped some how :dontknow:

This is a strange issue seeing how it only quit for 2 people and your email addresses have nothing in common, you are both on different domains.

Keep us posted if it works OK...If not I will have to get back to hunting for other fixes.

14. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Well, I got that one today and then at about 5 o'clock, I got a couple more. I'm not getting all of them yet but it seems to be getting better. Wired... Thanks for your help though!
    Whatever has been done is helping!

15. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Mine's working now too. Thanks Muddy!

16. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

Jezzy Peezy, Now I just noticed some of my alerts are not showing up. Kinda like a Harley, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't except my computer is not leaking oil and still has power! :laugh:

17. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Mine is working in full force. Once the Kaw kicked into high gear, my inbox was flooded like a Chinese scooter!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  18. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Lol, just got a notification to my email from a private message two weeks ago! She's working But it's acting with a mind of its own.

19. itsbeal

itsbeal Member

I'm like you Brad. I know this is a late reply to this thread, but I just joined this site and I'm getting nothing for any of the PM's or notifications at this time. I've also PM'd a few members that I can't find the PM's (not to mention responses from them ) that I sent. I initially thought it was something I was doing, but now I'm not so sure... :help: I've been to the control panel numerous times to fix it, but nothing so far.