1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Downpipe link pipe

Charlie1985 Jun 23, 2019

1. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

Yes 1 side had practically no lip left because of rust, I cleaned as much as I could but that's why I didn't buy an original connecting pipe (not that I could find one).

I will keep everyone informed about progress. Hopefully tomorrow I will be doing some electric work, possibly put the air filters on and start looking at MOT stuff.

Thanks

2. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

3. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

4. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

Hi everyone, I did alot on the bike today, was only ment to fit the air filters and new battery but ended up doing lots. Here is the link. If you enjoy the video or think it may help others with their own bikes then please feel free to share the video and subscribe to it.

Thanks

5. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

6. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

7. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

Has anyone ever changed a rear tyre with no major tools? I've done it once before and it was a right pain. I'm considering doing it again. Any advice?

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Buy a set of motorcycle tire irons. I use DAWN dish soap to get the tire on the rim. Use 2 fingers and spread the dish soap around the bead on each side of the tire. I use a trash can turned upside down when mounting a tire on a rim.

9. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

Thanks RJ, I actually rode it to its MOT test this morning and decided to get them to put the tyre on for me. Don't know if it passed or not yet, I'll let everyone know on Monday.

I think the bike was running lean because it needed a little choke so I need to decide if I restrict the pod filters a little or if I upjet the carbs. No idea what I would upjet each carb by though. I'm thinking up by 6 on each carb?

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I think K/N has data sheets on jetting carbs for each bike. Most of the time the next main jet up from stock works in most cases.

11. Charlie1985

Charlie1985 New Member

Hi everyone, my bike passed an MOT yesterday which is great. It's running well but is lean so I think I will be restricting the airflow in the pod filters using plastic or tin or something. It's a great bike I really enjoyed the ride to the testing station.

12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice to hear that it passed the MOT Inspection. What does MOT mean and what does it cost. In PA they have a State Inspection. Back in the 70s and 80s it cost $12 to get a bike inspected. Restricting the pods doesn't that defeat the purpose of using them. I'd do a rejet on the carbs.

13. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Ministry Of Transport inspection. They certify it's safe for the road. Think it's about £25.

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: What is that in US $$$. I need a conversion chart. :laughing7:.

15. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

16. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Thanks FERN. I book marked it.