1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Decals, Ignition Switch and Brake Caliper Emblems

prfixer Mar 21, 2013

1. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Somebody needs to have the tire info stickers on the swingarm reproduced! The sticker on the front forks is still available through Kaw although they were never put on the ZL1k, just the 900.

2. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Interesting, my forks must have been swapped at some point then. Are the forks the same zl1k/900?

3. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Here are pics of a few that I want to get done. IMG_6227.JPG IMG_6228.JPG IMG_6234.JPG IMG_6239.JPG

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

MikeC, they probably just put a sticker on your ZL1k forks. Yes, other than the springs, the forks are the same on the big ZL's. R.J., the sticker you posted of the swingarm sticker is what I was referring to. Get those done cause there's a demand for those.

5. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Love the daily safety checks. Where is that located on the bike?

6. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Did this guy ever get back to you?

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Yes he did. He wants more pics of all the decals. I haven't had a chance to get him more pics as of yet. He's in the UK. I'm looking for someone local to do them. I went to a guy in Daytona Beach FL to see if he could do them. He wanted $150 a set which is ridiculous.

8. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Yikes! I was just curious. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for someone.

9. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Under the seat (of my ZL9).

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Also I have out a few other leads but no one has gotten back to me as of yet. The Daily check pic is from the 250 Eliminator. I'm not sure if the big ZLs have them.

11. markus56

You'll find out pretty quick that anyone that can make quality decals worth having are gonna' be expensive. That quote you got for a set for $150.00 makes mine a bargain!!!!