1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Decals, Ignition Switch and Brake Caliper Emblems

prfixer Mar 21, 2013

1. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Many of you know I'm moving to South Dakota. I will be extraordinarily busy for the next 6 months and will probably not be here on the site much, if at all. I've asked Markus and he has said yes to a large favor to me. I am going to send whatever items I have left to him. If anybody needs these in the future, we ask you make a donation to the site and pay Markus for the shipping costs to get them to you. It's the best way that I could think of to keep the items available and also help keep the site up. Right now, Markus is the only one that knows what I'll be doing and I'd prefer to keep it that way until I update you all with the news. Hopefully one of the Moderators can make this a sticky!?

Dave:occasion14:

2. Scoobys_piece

Scoobys_piece Well-Known Member

Have a safe and satisfying journey. You certainly have had your share of camp fires. I'll bug Markus...well, I'll poke him with a very long stick....like 400 mile stick..hehehehe. Thanks for providing a great service..Hats off to ya...Guess I can throw that piece of envelope away with your address. Take care.

3. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Dave, thread is stuck!
    Thanks for the great efforts that you have made for the site! Wishing you all the luck in SD Bro! Looking forward to your return!
    Later
    Putt

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

As of today, I have taken possession of the remainder of the decals, emblems and stickers that Prfixer had made for the site. After talking with Furchin, this is what we've come up with. As you all know, the site has no 'Donate' button anymore but the wheels are in motion to get another account set up for the site so we can put the button back in operation. Temporarily, I'm gonna keep a ledger on what this stuff brings and then when we get the account set up, I'll make one payment to it and after that, you all can donate to the site as Prfixer intended as you order. I'll get some pics up soon of what all is available and start filling requests for these quality pieces. This is a very generous thing for Dave to do since I'm sure there was a sizable lay out for these and it's all top notch stuff so let's support his efforts and support the site at the same time! Let me know what you need!

5. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

IM IN!! for a few items!! Thanks

6. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I've taken some pics of what all Prfixer has left of these stickers and emblems that he has forwarded on to me to disperse on the site. For those of you that don't already know from getting some in the past, these are professionally made and high quality stuff. On the right side of the page you'll see the caliper sticker and the ignition sticker, both made of thin aluminum with an adhesive backing on them. Very nice little detail for your ride! On the bottom of the page are the tank decals of both red (bottom) and black (above that) bikes. Very nice replicas for sure!! That brings us to the 'Eliminator' side cover decals. There are 6", 7" and 8" ones to be had. The battery box side cover on the right side takes the 6" decal and the left side cover takes the 7" one. The top one is an 8" decal that you can stick anywhere........use your imagination! I had one in the back window of my truck the I'd see everytime I looked in the rear view mirror.
    There are also a pile of what he labeled 'rejects'........stickers he culled for one reason or another. Looks like he was experimenting with different textures of materials before he settled on the more shiny ones you'd use for a restoration. These 'seconds' can be put around on anything and are yours for the asking but won't be sent in place of the 'restoration' ones' meant for under your clear-coat. You'll have to specify 'second' if you want those, otherwise you'll get the ones' meant for your fresh paint.
    He's instructed that all proceeds from these are to go to the site and that's what will happen. Until the site gets another paypal account to where we can put the donate button back up, I'll keep a log of what's owed the site and pay it out of my paypal account when that time comes.

As with any other sticker of this type, you have to go very slow when laying these down and peel back across the grain at a sharp angle.....and go slow!!! I had no trouble with any of these I layed down.......but I went slow!

Handle your business through PRIVATE MESSAGE!! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  7. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

First of all, thanks to Markus for taking this on for me! I'm just going to have to be out of the loop for an extended period of time and will not have time to do this.

Markus- The decals are all the same, I just weeded out the ones that I thought the borders weren't good enough or maybe there was a "slice" through some of the chrome when they removed the excess from the decals. I have some NOS ones and the borders aren't even around those and I'll bet if you look at your NOS tanks, they won't be even either. Some of that was just me being anal!

Everybody take care and I hope to fill you guys in on what's happening in the next couple of weeks or so!! Dave:headbang:

8. jmassengill

jmassengill Supporting Member Technical Author

I have purchased Two sets of black ZL900 tank decals and the ignition decal. They were all perfect. well worth every dime spent.
    I only wish someone would print ZL600 tank decals (they have a white border rather than the silver border the ZL900 has, other than that they are the same decal)

I'm very happy with the decals prfixer produced. I hope his time away is fruitful. Much good luck.

9. dirtdiverkf

dirtdiverkf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

i need the ignition one bad :)

10. dirtdiverkf

ignition.jpg

Thanks bro, looks sweet

11. markus56

I have quite a few ignition stickers still left people so get 'em while they're HOT!! :225:

12. pyrofitr1368

pyrofitr1368 Supporting Member

Hey Markus, I'll take one please. PM the cost and paypal, thanks

13. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I'll take one of everything that you have & 3 caliber badges. PM me the price. Thanks.

14. Kalzl

Kalzl Member

Markus, I'll take a sheet. PM me the price and PayPal, since that seems to be the way we are doing it!
    Thanks!

15. markus56

Send me a PM of what all you seek and we'll get it done. There are no 'sheets'........

16. markus56

As of today, there are no more tank decals for the BLACK paint job. We may do some more in the future but as of now......no more left! Still have plenty of ignition and caliper stickers and the side cover ones as well. Send me a PM if you need anything.

17. dirtdiverkf

I do have vinyl Kawasaki decals available that are the same style thats on the zl 600 tank, they are just vinyl decals not emblems for anyone that needs some, ill sell them at a good price. I also have a vinyl cutter now for doing custom jobs if you need, hit me up, 256-247-8030 kawasakilogo.jpg

18. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Who had the break in decals?

19. markus56

I don't believe Dave ever had any of those Brad. Have you checked with Kawasaki?

20. Bronx66

Bronx66 Member

Are they any decals left? I'm interested in the ignition and caliper ones.