1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Couldn't resist buying this wee gem 250

ColinG Oct 15, 2018

1. ColinG

ColinG Active Member

It took a 500 mile round trip to collect this wee bike but was well worth the trouble.
    Needs some tlc but it's running, if a little rough, seems like it's just been laid up for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, it's gonna' need some scrubbing but looks like it'll clean up nice. Carb clean and detail and you're ready to ride. Congrats!

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Nice little scoot!

4. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

I had forgotten about it but I had one of those a few years back. Makes a sweet little commuter or nice afternoon cruiser. If memory serves, they rev to the moon.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

6. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Have you got a ride report yet R.J.?

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: No. I have not worked on either one of my Eliminators since coming home from up North. I've been backed up on things to do around the house. Also my sciatic nerve pain came back again on my way back from PA & for 6 or 7 weeks I didn't do much of anything.

8. 4mermxer

4mermxer New Member

Yep sounds about right. It was a hoot to rev something that high, I remember. I have had a number of the 900's but the 250 still stands out as a bunch of fun to ride. I read your posts about it and then immediately looked for another one here locally... good luck with the back sir.

9. ColinG

ColinG Active Member

Thanks for the replies. This one is not for me, I've got my 600, so the 250 is for my daughter.
    She's pushing 30 now and decided last winter that it was time to stop dithering and learn how to ride a motorbike.
    I got a wee suzuki gn125 that I rebuilt for her to learn on and she sailed through her cbt (UK compulsory bike training), after some parking lot training with me.
    The spring and summer were spent riding out together to continue her training and she has taken to it like a duck to water.
    She needs to pass a test before she is allowed to ride anything bigger than a 125 but the weather here is already slipping in to winter, so it will be next year .

[​IMG]

When I saw the EL for sale at £350 I could not resist it.
    I had to collect the bike from Preston which is 250 miles away, so me and my good mate Tam, stripped down the bike in the street and got it loaded in to my old Ford C-max.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I got her home I had to put it all back together. I cleaned and lubed the chain, glued the indicators back on and with some fresh petrol she was up and running well enough for me to road test,

[​IMG]

Woo-hoo what a hoot!
    I'd forgotten how much fun a 250 can be and once I'd sussed that this little engine likes to rev, I was blasting round the back roads like a teenage hooligan again.
    The fork seals need replaced and the carb could do with a clean, but everything else was fine and I was impressed with the brakes.
    It will get a good going over during the winter.
    My daughter loved it at first sight and begged me to let her try it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That smile stayed on her face for days.
    The low seat height, big bike feel and low centre of gravity suits her perfectly so it is now a motivation tool.
    I'll keep you posted on how things progress.

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Glad to see that she likes to ride. :notworthy:.