1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Clutch and brake master cylinders.

Rob2018 May 5, 2019

1. Rob2018

Rob2018 New Member

Ive done my own research but cant find anything defonite. I need to replace both but want to be sure i get the right set. Any sellers, links, or tips?

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Find the best used set you can find from an 86-06 Concours.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: It you want new a seller has a NOS brake master cyn listed on E bay for $150. You will find it listed under EL 250. Kawasaki still sells the rebuild kits for both the clutch & brake master cyns. From partzilla the cost is about $43 for each. You will also need the 2 outer dust caps that go between the levers and the master cyns. About $5 each. Also I remember a member bought new sight windows but he did not give any details. IMG_7311.JPG

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. prfixer

Are you sure the EL250 master works on the bigger bikes? the 250 only had one disk.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

6. prfixer

They take different rebuild kits as well.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I seen that. The 250 kit seems to have smaller orifices so most likely it will not move/circulate brake fluid as fast as the ZL 9/10 brake master cyn so one would think. Or maybe circulation volume is not a factor.