1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Carb Vaccum Ports

DirtyRider Feb 1, 2019

1. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

Does anyone see any disadvantage to connecting all the vaccum nipples together? I'm wondering, if vaccum synchronization is good, would this be a bad thing? Possibly a good thing? 20190201_214548.jpg

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: If you have a vacuum assisted fuel valve/pet cock it needs to be hooked up to # 2 carb. It's best to plug off the other 3 vacuum ports. I don't see any advantage to linking them together.

3. Theodore Dekeyser

Theodore Dekeyser New Member

Where are you getting your vacuum reference from for amongst other things the fuel petcock?

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: From what other members have done. The factory ties all 4 carbs vacuum ports together which tie into the 2 reed valves on top of the valve cover and the petcocks vacuum. This is for Emissions. I did away with my reed valves by capping them off and used OEM carb port plugs to plug off carbs 1,3 & 4. #2 carb port I ran to the petcocks vacuum. Don't use those cheap vacuum plugs from the Auto Parts Store. They don't fit right and they always crack. You can buy block off plates for about $20 on E-bay. I bought a European valve cover from Germany for about $70 shipped. I'm going to install it the next time I adjust the valves. _______________________________________________________________________ IMG_7709.JPG IMG_7711.JPG IMG_7713.JPG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member