1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

CARB CLEANING SERVICE ,ultrasonic cleaning

wickedzl900 Nov 15, 2007

1. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

normally not, just air pod filters

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: What kind of exhaust. I have Slip on 10 inch Supertrapps & no jetting was needed.

3. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

The pipe (x pipe?) Under the transmition is rotten. I am going to weld up a stainless Xpipe at work and replace the resonators with new aftermarket ones... Still a couple of months down the road.

4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: If you are not running pods you won't need to rejet your carbs.

5. Ducky Dog

Ducky Dog Active Member

A little update on my ZL9 carbs that Rick rebuilt
    First off,, lately I haven't been riding much due to work load
    But,, I was able to get a few rides in ,,,,
    My first ride was a 50 mile round trip on the freeway, traffic was paced at about 90 mph.
    That was a bit high paced to do a fuel/mileage check but it is knowledge gained
    The bike ran smooth as silk and always had more rpm on tap.
    the next two rides were short, in town, 5 miles each and of course the bike ran flawlessly
    I got about 61 miles then hit reserve. the last tank of gas I hit reserve at about 54 miles
    so my fuel efficiency is much better and I think if I stay under 70 mph I will get even better mileage
    last thing is the minor buzz at the gas cap is gone...
    Thanks again Rick,,, Job well done!
    I forgot to mention ,,, I nailed 2nd gear crossing an intersection and pulled a wheelie, Me happy!

6. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

thank you , Ken