1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't stop ridin'

Gary McCullough Sep 18, 2018

1. Gary McCullough

Gary McCullough New Member

Just joined, can't stop riding even at 72! Just bought a 86 ZL900 with 15k, more fun than the V-Max I bought in 85'. New to the forum thing, hope I get this right.

2. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

Welcome to the ZL-OA. forum

I had a very tough choice back in the 80’s deciding between the ZL or the max. In the end I went with the Zl because I got a smoking deal on an 85 left over early in 86 and never looked back.

Still like both bikes but have always been partial to the looks of the ZL. It also seems that I have always been slightly more comfortable on the ZL.

Anyway welcome to the forums and enjoy your ride!

R. J. likes this.
  3. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Deja vu...:laughing7:

4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello:Welcome to ZL-oa. I test rode all the ZLs & VMAX during Bike Week Daytona back in the 80s. I liked the ZL 10 the best but did not buy one until 10/2010. At the time it had 8K miles on it. Paid 3K for it. Now it has 26K on the clock. We are here to help. Just give us a shout when you need something.

5. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Welcome, glad your still able to enjoy @ 72! Gives me some inspiration.

6. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site and nice to hear your able to still ride and enjoy it.:thumbsup:

7. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the site and enjoy your time here. Anything we cam help you with is only a question away. If you want to get to know your new bike mechanically, spend some time searching topics and you'll find most everything has been talked about in length already. Good luck!

8. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Checked your location out, outside of Ashville and surrounded by forest. Easy to explain why you can't stop riding. It's a beautiful part of the country you get to enjoy daily.