1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Brake Caliper Emblems

prfixer Jan 12, 2011

1. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Here are the reproduction brake emblems that I've had made. They are $5.75 apiece, of course it takes 3 per bike(at least the 900 and 1000). The postage is included to US addresses, elsewhere it will probably be a few dollars more. They are made from .012" brushed aluminum and backed with 3M adhesive. Clean your calipers, peel off the back and apply. The 3 notches were used by the factory to align the emblem horizontally on the 3 different calipers. Make sure you know which caliper you're putting them on if they aren't on the bike or the emblem may end up vertical or something! The 3rd picture shows the new emblem next to the old emblem while the 4th picture shows the new on top of the old.

Thanks to Wissler, I now know that the Paypal fee is $.88. So if you'd like to send $$$ through Paypal, please add that amount to your payment. ZlMark sent his payment as a gift which resulted in no Paypal fees, so if you're able to do that also you can save the $.88.

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. snap2it

snap2it Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I am in for 2 complete sets. So that would be a total of 6 X 5.75 34.50 plus shipping. Please give me a total so I can either pay you via Paypal or money order. Just give me your Paypal email and I will make it happen.

Thanks,

Bob

3. prfixer

No additional shipping if they're going to the US. If we can figure out how ZLMark sent his payment to me without Paypal charging any fees, the $34.50 would be the total price. Otherwise, please add about $2 to cover their fees or just send payment by mail. I'll PM you my Paypal and street address. Thanks for your purchase. Dave

4. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

another cool prfixer item... get em while ya can boys !

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Thanks for your efforts Dave! I want two sets and will send the money order in the morning.........I still have your info. :thumbsup:

6. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

I have a balance in my paypal and selected the personal tab and then sent it as a gift. It tells you the amount that the recipient will receive, so make sure it's correct!

7. prfixer

Thanks, Markus! Can you PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail to you today. Davw

8. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

I'll take a set as well!! Can you PM me your address and I will send you a Cashiers check if that's fine with you??

Thanks!!!
    Scotty B

9. prfixer

Mark- I don't know what I put on your package, but the PO says it's undeliverable as addressed and they're returning it to me. I'll send you another set today if you'll PM me your address again so I can make sure I get it right. Dave

10. snap2it

snap2it Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I just received my emblems they are awesome!!! This will add to the bike. You did a great job with these like I expected. Guys if you are needing these they are perfect. Get them while he still has them!!!

Thanks again,

Bob

11. prfixer

Thanks, Bob. I'm glad you liked em! dave

12. prfixer

I'm heading out to Cleveland tomorrow and all emblems that have been bought have been shipped. I will be back home probably late Saturday night, the 22nd. L8R, Dave

13. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Got my two sets in the mail today Dave......they look good, Thanks for your efforts!

14. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

I received my set yesterday as well!! Thanks for your time and effort!! I am sure they will look great!!

Scotty B

15. Wissler

Wissler Senior Member Supporting Member

Thank you Dave.
    They look great!
    I think they were at my door in 2 days from when I paid.

16. prfixer

Im glad they're all showing up OK and you guys are happy with them. Now wish me good weather to get back from Cleveland! Cleveland? WTH goes to Cleveland in the middle of winter?:rotf:

17. prfixer

Had a little trouble getting out of Denver on Wednesday. 3 planes cracked windshields within 1/2 hour of eachother, mine was one of them. There was a frontal passage occuring at the same time as we were lifting off, I don't know if the pressure change had somethung to do with it or not. Got out on Thursday OK, picked up the car and made a leisurely drive home.

18. Heksa

Heksa Active Member

Emblems arrived yesterday. Not bad, 7 days from USA to Finland.
    And quality is awesome... Only thing is missing is OEM -number :D
    Thanks.

19. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Dave, I picked up a set (3 emblems) from ZLMark when I was at his place to get my bike. $17.25, is that correct? I will mail out a check asap to your home address once you confirm. I have your address.

20. prfixer

Yes sir, I appreciate it. How is your guys' project coming? Dave