1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Back taillights/turn signals..

ARCHIVE_gehang Jul 19, 2007

1. ARCHIVE_gehang

ARCHIVE_gehang Guest

Anyone with a stock Zl1000 have a second to do me a favor. I'm curious to know how the factory lighting was set up. For instance.. My friend was riding behind me last night and made a comment that my back lights were out. He said it's real hard to see my bike from behind (he's used to that view from his harley lol) Anyways..

When I start my bike the front lights (aka turnsignals go on) But the back ones stay dark. They work when I activate the turnsignals but they don't light up as running lights, (like the front ones do). Is this a wiring/fuse issue or normal operation?

Thanks for any help

2. ARCHIVE_zlMark

ARCHIVE_zlMark Guest

Hey dude, I can't speak for the zl1000 but the zl900 is the same as you have described.

3. ARCHIVE_furchin

ARCHIVE_furchin Guest

lights

Normal operating conditions, rear lights off unless turn signals on. they can be wired to be operative all the time but I don't have the info to do it.

4. ARCHIVE_gehang

ARCHIVE_gehang Guest

Thanks for the info mates! I was just curious