1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn: Zloa bro's --need your help !!

Bacchus Nov 13, 2010

1. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Id love to see a coupla loseres trying to hand a dyno over the wall...lol....
    Too bad they didn't try and end up getting crushed! I hate thieves...

2. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Do you have a link to the software online so I can see what it is?

3. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

I wish I could get a link to that software!!!
    I can send you a copy if you want to split the $2500 cost with me...lol

proprietary software bro... just wrote the check after saving up for months... being patient sucks but, check is written, just waiting on factory pro to perform the necessary work and send the hardware back along with the software disk.

two weeks or so to d-day

4. Bacchus

UPDATE.....!

dyno brain and computer showed up yesterday !!! wooooo hoooo.... I am going to set this up in an enclosed trailer and I hope to get this completed this week, I may be able to get the first (at long last) test pull in sometime this weekend with a little luck....

5. vinny

vinny Senior Member

Congrats on completion of your dyno rig!
    Make sure you post up plenty of runs.

6. Bacchus

thanks vinny,

I got the dyno trailor mounted on friday and spent as much time as I could yesterday getting most of the other components installed. I am going to have to fabricate a work station tool box compartment, some storage and some place to mount up the computer stuff..... I wish I could report that it is completed and Im running bikes but I can only report that I am getting very close to that poin at this time.

7. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Awesome ! :notworthy: :headbang: :thumbsup:

8. Bacchus

ITS ALIVE

UPDATE---

WoW ! this dyno has definately turned out to be a consumer of time and money.... been giving alot of time to getting the unit into the trailor and the trailor properly modified to contain the dyno and all the other stuff needed to get it into a condition where it is an effective working space. you wouldnt believe how long it takes to get eveything in there, put together, and buttoned up nice'n tight. had to fabricate work space for carbie work, a mounting system for the computer & Printer, run a bunch of friggin' wire, then once you get the pieces all together you gotta fire it up and firgure out what aint working and why, then fix it, after that it on to software learning and those kind of issues.... seems like Ive told my wife at least ten times.... one more day and it will be ready.... kinda frustrating at times but I believe that I can honestly say at this time that we have completed 99.x% of the work necessary to get this mobile dyno up and running....

we are doing some test runs with it currently and trying to become familiar with the process and the software, still working out small kinks here and there, moving things around so the set up is just right, checking and double checking calibration etc.... bottom line is this, you turn on all the switches you got power to everyting and if you thow a bike on the dyno you get data...!! wooooooo hoooooooo..... still got some work to do but ...... ITS ALIVE !

ANY MEMBER OUT THERE WITH A ZL900 OR A ZL1000 IN THE PHOENIX AREA SHOULD PM ME TO SCHEDULE THEIR FREE.... THATs RIGHT FREEEEEEE..... ZL-OA / theZLstore.com - ZL DYNO RUN !! best price in town.... guranteeeed

this is exclusive to ZL-oa members and specifically to ZL9 / ZL10....... dont ask for a freebie for your KZ.....or ZX...... or ZG....... we can dyno those bikes too but there will be a charge for the sevice....

Would also like to put a special thanks out there to ZLmark, ZL-oa, and all the ZL-oa members who have made purchases either through theZLstore.com or my ebay store.... without your help this could not, would not have been accomplished. Nearly all of the proceeds have been invested in this project. Thank you....

Now that the dyno project is nearing completion the next step for MCM and theZLstore.com will be to begin to invest more of the future proceeds from sales into inventory on hand so that I can reduce the amount of time between when the customers place their order and when they recieve. I would like to get to the point where most things for your ZL are right here and allready in hand when the order is placed. Improving shipping time and increasing invintory are the next big thing to accomplish for theZLstore..... thanks again to all !

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

So the big question now is How much power did your zl make??

10. Bacchus

I'll let you know paul... were still working on being certian that the set up and calibrations are correct so we are using whatever bike is around.... I wont be doing any dyno's on my bike or revealing any info until I can be sure I have hard data to reveal.

11. ponytail mike

ponytail mike Active Member

Good day at the dyno,my build ZL#5 about done will need to test drive;lets see tulsa to phoenix that should about do it,I'll call my daughter in glendale have her set a cot,need a vaction anyway.

12. Bacchus

you're on....!!

13. desertrefugee

desertrefugee Well-Known Member

This is great news, John. Being a "local" and all, I believe it is my duty, no my obligation, to help work out the bugs. I'll just bet that HP and TQ will be down 10% with in the current Phoenix heat :-(

I'll be in touch.

Probably shouldn't bring the Vmax over just yet. Wouldn't want to break the new dyno (ducking and running).

14. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

How close do you think the Vmax will come to the 145hp that everyone thinks they have:rotf:

15. Bacchus

d-refugee.... yeah yer stuck with the responisbility of putting your ZL on the dyno... life's a beach

ZLmark-- vmax= appx 110 dynojet adjusted HP... I predict 98-105 hp on my factory pro dyno....

was looking on the FP site, they now have a coversion table to convert the "true HP" scale to the dynojet scale, about a 12% difference between the two..dynojet has a "fluff" factor

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  16. desertrefugee

Guess we'll have to let the numbers be the numbers...

17. Bacchus

D-REF

when would be a good time for you to do your duty to the fourm?

18. desertrefugee

This long weekend? After Saturday when the temp comes back down to a humane level.

For the record, it's supposed to be 116 in Phoenix on Saturday...

19. Hellion

Hellion Senior Member

Friggen 104 here today with the damn humidity!

20. adrenalinejunky81

adrenalinejunky81 Active Member

Hey John, congrats on the dyno purchase!