1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Parting Out a ZL900 or ZG1000? Tons of misc parts wanted

Gbrown1320 Nov 13, 2017

1. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

Yeah, can not beat original parts. Pity they are so damned expensive though lol.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

^ I'm pretty sure they sell the parts at those prices to get the consumer to strongly consider purchasing a new unit. Once the cost of repairing the old bike at the dealership starts to approach 20% of a new bike, it may make sense for people that don't know how (or want) to wrench on them to replace it.

3. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

Yeah, that is a strong possibility. No way I'd consider trading the ZL1000 in on anything they would have on offer. Quite enjoy belonging to such an exclusive owners club.

4. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Are your grommets still good?

5. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

2 are like new, one is average and one is totally ruined.

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: At Dealers labor is more than the parts. Most Dealers labor rates is over $100 an hour. To clean carbs they want around $900. If they are off the bike they want 1/2 that. I had one Dealer tell me that if parts cost say $400 they double that for labor.