1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone knows the fuel economy of Kawasaki Eliminator 250 ( EL 250 )

nofacemonster Jan 22, 2012

1. nofacemonster

nofacemonster Active Member

Four days back i bought one, and it's a awesome bike, i cleaned the carburetors on my own because it was full of crap. I gave 1 1/2 turns to both the carburetors and now it runs pretty fine. I would like to know what is the average fuel consumption of this bike?. My friend says it only does 20 Kilometers per litre of petrol. Well that's strange because it is a 250 and it should be more than that. Even a four cylinder motorcycle does somewhere around 22 KMPL. Any rough figure so i can tune up my carbs perfectly to do fuel as it should properly.

2. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

I hate to admit it but we dont have many 250 owners here. You might be better off asking this same question of people who have owned the older 250 ninja. The motors are basically the same and they should be a reasonabley close in MPG.

3. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

from the information that I can find your friend is correct with his fuel mileage. I don't know the conversion in mpg's for us to relate over here but I'm sure you can figure it out. Look at the following link for aditional info.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_el250.htm

Don't know what year your bike is but they all should be comparable.

4. DufussMan

DufussMan Member

Hi guys. I just bought one a few weeks ago for my first bike. I've been checking the gas mileage pretty close since that's why I bought it. First check was 68mpg, all interstate travel. Second was 75.5mpg with mixed highway and country road use. Working on my third tank now but my '89 EL 250's averaging just a little over 70mpg, mixed use, light on the throttle, noob rider! Hope that helps.

5. DufussMan

DufussMan Member

Just an update. 4 more fuel ups have bounced me around from 65mpg to 75mpg. I'm getting tired of checking it for myself. Pretty sure 70mpg would be an overall accurate number for 250 eliminator mpg.

117/1.7 = 69mpg

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

7. mr eliminator

mr eliminator Member

I filled up a full tank and did 30 to 40 mph everywhere and got 129 miles out of it I then thrashed it at 70 to 96 and got 98 miles out of it hope this helps

8. Yannis

Yannis New Member

Old thread but thought I would chime in anyway, I have a 1998 EL250 with 112,000km on the clock - original motor, averaging roughly 6l/100km. Carbs are 2 + 1/2 turns out (Australian model). I use moderate throttle.

9. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Our EL 250 has been on the back burner for 2 years. :laughing7:. I have several magazines. When I get a chance I'll read up on the 250 & see what MPG that was reported by the magazines.

10. W_L

W_L New Member

This is site provides some data regarding what to expect in terms of anticipated mileage from EL250's engine. I have linked a data from Ninja 250, because, like someone already mentioned earlier it is the same engine, although with a slightly different configuration (with supposedly more power in low and mid RPM range).
    http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/kawasaki/ex250f_ninja_250r

R. J. likes this.
  11. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Thank's for the link. From what I read in the old Cycle/Cycle World mags the EL 250 out performed the EX 250. :notworthy:.

W_L likes this.