1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

All balls

MikeC Jul 9, 2018

1. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Anybody here using these bearings. I bought a set of front and rear and was about to install them when I saw made in China. Right or wrong, I decided I was better with the used made in Japan bearings that were in it. They weren't giving me a problem, just thought I'd start anew. But I've seen some YouTube vids comparing Chinese bearings to German bearings, that were pathetic. I'm sure compared to Germany any would pale in comparison, but just looking to see if anyone's running them.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

I have a set in mine. No complaints.
    forget when I did them it was so long ago. Mine were beat from PO running them loose. Probably should grease them up again and inspect them this winter since service manual has a specified interval for that.

3. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I have used all balls bearings many a times with no problems. If they are sealed bearing i use a utility knife blade and pop the covers off and install more grease. They tend to skimp on the grease.

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Member

Re Chinese products. On the Isle of Man was talking to an EX-Engineer from Rolls-Royce, a friend of his was supplied with some Chinese trail bikes from a dealer that had imported them and couldn't sell them, ("Consumer resistance")! Well they were given these bikes to thrash and they duly did and then they stripped them down to measure bore wear and any other signs of mechanical wear and possible failure. So he and his pals duly stripped them down and on the engines no perceivable wear could be found! He kept one and is still running it. He said that often they use weak bolts in places where the stresses need slightly stronger components, especially on the frame mounting points, but that a person known to him had been out to china and the investment and R & D starting to take place was impressive! The engines were manufactured by Jilong.

Of course here in the UK there was resistance to Japanese products and My Mum had an Uncle who fought against the Japanese in WW2, he contracted Beri-Beri as a POW and when I turned up on a Honda he asked me why I had bought a Japanese product! He wouldn't have anything Japanese in his house after his experiences, but War is War rightly or wrongly the World moves on! His belief as an EX Rolls Royce Engineer was China had made great leaps and bounds and would soon be producing products as good as other Oriental counterparts in Japan and Taiwan.

You read very little here about re-investment in engineering products, it seems to be all about Financial services Bullshit!

Sad to say, here no Companies can manufacture motorcycles, except through first registering with the EU and this costs £240,000 alone, BREXIT is necessary for us to breathe again!

5. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

I believe the chineese make a copy of the honda 400 trial bike.

They are made on the same production line....to the point where the part from the chineese bike will fit on the honda.

I think you'll find a lot of the stuff that you think is from Japan is made in China.

6. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Interesting. China is rapidly advancing. I think they make the Honda clone predator engines harbor Freight sells and their parts are interchangeable. They start on the first pull too!
    This is the link to the video comparison Germany vs China