1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Air suction valve

ARCHIVE_robk Aug 10, 2006

1. ARCHIVE_robk

ARCHIVE_robk Guest

What benifit is there to the air suction valve on the top of the valve cover on the ZL900? Is it nessasary to have it? Will the bike not run right without it? I already have individual filters so the main hose to the valve isn't attached to anything. Can i just plug it and be done with it? I also noticed not all models have the valve.

2. ARCHIVE_gosupes

ARCHIVE_gosupes Guest

Most people will take the butterfly valve underneath the covers and flip them upside down. Then re-install the cover and plug the hole. The valves bring cold air into the exhaust stream, maybe emission related - not really sure but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

3. ARCHIVE_clif

ARCHIVE_clif Guest

Yeah, I don't think plugging it is a problem. I'm lucky to have a Canadian bike which doesn't have this nonsense and haven't had any trouble.