1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Air box side covers.

The Original Sin Jul 25, 2017

1. The Original Sin

The Original Sin Active Member

Hey everybody! I need pair or at least a left side chrome side cover. Who can help a brother?

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I have a brand new L.H. cover for sale that came from the factory with some small imperfections in the chrome.

3. The Original Sin

I'll pm you for price and details.

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I can't get these flecks to show up in pictures but they're not bad at all. It's a new cover never mounted so the tabs are all 100%and shiny chrome. Price is $50.00 shipped to any member.

kvalheim and R. J. like this.
  5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Markus that's a good price. Someone has NOS on Ebay with blemishes for twice that.

6. markus56

Yeah, priced to sell for sure. Somebody should snatch this one up if they need one.

7. The Original Sin

Sorry for no reply. I drove from my home town in Knoxville up to Chicago to buy that black ZL1000 with 6100 miles on her. The side cover will need to be replaced for sure however at this time a have a number of other things that must be addressed first namely the bike's engine is so gummed up its only getting gas to the #4 cylinder. It looks like I'll have to pull the carb rack and give it a complete overhaul.

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: You should snatch up that air box cover anyway. Rick from oldskoolcarbs has a special on carb rebuilding for $165. Buy time you buy all new parts, all new SS allen cap screws & such you wouldn't be saving much. For one set of carbs I spent $35 on just hardware & about $90 on OEM parts.

9. The Original Sin

You are so so right about that R.J. How do I get in touch with oldskool carbs?

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. The Original Sin

Thanks for your help R.J. I will get in touch with Rick ASAP as well as take Markus up on his side cover. I'll need it!

12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I'm always glad to help out another Eliminator rider as is most other ZL-oa members.

13. Redstripe

Redstripe Member

Is the offer still up or is it gone?
    let me know
    thanks
    CK

14. markus56

Yes, the offer is still open to any member. Send me a PM and we'll get it done.

15. Redstripe

Redstripe Member

Thanks Markus for air box cover, now all i need to do is find a right side one

16. eagles1539

eagles1539 Supporting Member

17. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

18. markus56

You're welcome, it will ship today and I believe you'll be happy with it.

19. Redstripe

Redstripe Member

:headbang: Thanks again for the deal

20. markus56

You're welcome. It should be there on Friday.