1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

85 ZL900 for sale in MO

chargerxr Jul 4, 2014

1. chargerxr

chargerxr Member

I have for sale my 85 zl900. 28,095 miles. New custom paint, chameleon blue flip flop color that matches 2 cars I have. I wasn't planning on selling it when I had it painted, or would have painted it black. Rides and runs great. CUSTOM EXHAUST, also have stock exhaust. Carbs have been jetted. I bought this bike from elimafreak on here, last Oct. He did the custom exhaust that looks factory. Only reason I'm selling is I can't handle the short fuel range. Again there are no known issues at all. Bike starts right up and runs great. I have many extra parts, including stock exhaust, both chrome side covers, windshield painted to match also just not installed, extra set of carbs, service manual with supplement, and many misc. parts. I'm sure there are many things I'm forgetting, so ask questions. I'm asking $2500 for bike and all parts I have or $2200 for bike alone. Here's some pics. Bike was yellow when I bought it.

Attached Files:

2. f1nxlife

f1nxlife Supporting Member

good deal,,,other than the color,,,i think you ruined it painting it like that....just my opinion..the custom exhaust looks neat., although I prefer the stock myself..

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Looks good. :thumbsup: What is the color called.

4. chargerxr

chargerxr Member

The color is called Chameleon Blue. It was a 1 year only color in 1995 on the Lincoln Mark VIII. I think Ford may have used it on a few other cars also.

5. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Same vintage cobra, there were very few painted that color.

6. chargerxr

chargerxr Member

Bump, I've lowered the price to $2000. I need the room in my garage.

7. chargerxr

chargerxr Member

Bump and price drop to $1700. I would really like to move this before winter here. Also going to sell one of my ZN 1100's. I'm going to sell my 84 ZN 1100 LTD. It's basically stock. Would like to get $2000 for it, but would make someone a package deal if they want both bikes. I'll get some pics up of the ZN.

8. lovemkawasakizl

lovemkawasakizl Member

Im 120 miles west of Omaha NE, what part of MO are u located

9. chargerxr

chargerxr Member

I'm located about 15 miles east of Kansas City, Mo right off of I-70.

10. lovemkawasakizl

lovemkawasakizl Member

sent pm let me know if u get it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014