1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

35 mm Mechanical Ceramic Seal

R. J. May 17, 2017

1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: OK: PEOPLE does anyone know which MEMBER found the 35 mm SEAL. About 3 months ago he said that he got one from AMAZON for $10. The kit that I got from the Irishman from across the pond has not been on the FORUM for quit some time. The other guy who had them cheap I think it was the Snakedoctor has not been on in awhile either. I do remember he was sick. I hope he is OK.

2. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

I don't know, but I have some stuff from Snake Doctor, give some time to find it and I'll get back to you.

3. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Thank's Kawboy. I remember the Irishman's U N Blagadan. He was last on the site 3-1-16. SnakeDoctor was on last 2-22-17.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. vinny

vinny Senior Member

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello:Thank's. I know of them & I did check out pricing from them. They want $32 + shipping & it is very high. They have both the 32 mm & the 35 mm. I can get the 32 mm OEM from KAW for $12 each. I have 2 in stock but most of our water pumps use the 35 mm one. I'm waiting on some OEM KAW parts & one is a mechanical seal. Weather it is a 35 mm one I won't know until I get it in the mail. I have 2 OEM ones that I need to send back that are incorrect. I'll still be searching for a 35 mm OEM one. Also In order to set up an account with them for some reason they go threw Google & Google says that I would have to cancel my other 2 E mail addresses. Again Thank's.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello:RAM AIR A. Looks like 4 of the 5 may fit. Awhile back some one was going to try to find a Vendor to duplicate our hoses. I wonder who it was. I crossed reference all ZL9/10 coolant system OEM part #s with a half dozen other KAWS & nothing comes up. The after market hoses are much thicker & half the price. The after market high quality SS hose clamps are heavy duty compared to the OEM ones. Also the OEM ones rust. On the hoses I found proper bends. All's you need to do is shorten the ends. Some need to be shortened on both ends to get the proper bends. For information on aftermarket hoses & radiator caps see this thread. http://www.zl-oa.com/community/threads/substitute-radiator-hoses.8705/

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:Nope R.J. they won't fit @ all coz different rads; theme was discussed here in 2011: http://www.zl-oa.com/community/threads/14753/

Member 'Robamacs' from U.K. made a few (look his album) but sold to Germany only (I missed it) and alex-germany got a set but only 3 of 4 coz the one in front of the engine will never fail ( hahaha). My motto: all or nothing. Surely you can search through car stuff till you find the fitting hoses, I try to find another way with parts you can get in the web - will report later.

9. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Thank's Harrmy. :notworthy:

10. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

PM me your phone #

11. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  12. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Some more KAW parts came in the mail today. Well these 2004 KLX/DRZ water pump parts (see post # 11) was a bust. They are all for a 10 MM shaft water pump. I had 2 suppliers get back to me on possible 35 MM seals. I have all the details in my Water Pump Rebuild Service thread.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  13. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

RJ, I admire your conviction on this project! Someone has to have a seal that will work.

14. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

15. Blagadán

Blagadán Moderator Moderator

Sheesh, has it been that long since I logged on!! Boy, time flies...

I might have a couple of thos seal kits left if anyone needs them, I'd need to check. I bought a batch from SnakeDoctor years ago as part of a group buy. I sold on a fair few of them (at cost) to guys in the UK and further afield but I might have one or two left. I'll have a look over the weekend.

I still have my 750 but I rarely take it out. Usually only for charity runs or the odd vintage bike show.

markus56 likes this.
  16. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nice of you to pop in. :notworthy:. I found the 35 mm ceramic mech seals here in the States but they came from the UK & made in the UK for $13 each. I bought 12 of them. Have you heard from the Snake Doctor.

17. Blagadán

Buying 12 was a great idea. As my dad says, "It's better to be looking at them than for them!"
    I measured the ones I have here this evening and the cups measure a hair over 30mm so not the right ones for you by the looks of it.

Attached Files:

markus56 likes this.
  18. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  19. Blagadán

20. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Great to see you on here Blag.......and good to hear you still have your 750.

Blagadán likes this.