1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

1988 250 Eliminator

R. J. Oct 22, 2016

1. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:R. J.: $100~90€. Starting bid is 1€~$1.10. Till now not one bid so I'm on the trigger to attack on sunday when auction ends, looks like we'll get it.:laughing7:

R. J. likes this.
  2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That's great. :notworthy:.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I sent a small pakage to France a few months ago. Shipping was around $30.

4. Harriminator

:hello:I got it! Winning bid 12,50€ (~$13.75)+S&H 4,99€ (~$5.49). Come back to you when I hold it in my hands.:laughing7:

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Great. :notworthy:. Thanks so much. Do you have a paypal account.

6. Harriminator

:hello:Yep.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Good. When the time comes PM me your paypal information.

8. Harriminator

:hello:R.J., here are some pics of the plug w/ cables you were asking for. Meanwhile you can PM me your address so I can prepare the label and the form sheet CN22 for your customs authority.

plug_cable_1.jpg
    plug_cable_2.jpg
    plug_cable_3.jpg
    plug_cable_4.jpg
    lock set.jpg

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. I'll PM you with my address. I'll need your paypal account. I'll send the money to your paypal account as a gift that way paypal won't take any of the funds. Let me know the cost along with the shipping. Thanks for doing this for me. I'll finally be able to finish my Son Jareds 250.

10. W_L

W_L Member

Hi R.J.! Hope you are in good heath during these nasty times. I am currently looking for a new set of tires for my EL252 and I have seen you managed to fit a set of Micheline Commander II on you eliminator. They come in slightly different sizes, than stock Dunlops, which are 100/90/R19 and 140/90/R15. Could you please what sizes you got for you bike? Also how is handling on these tires? Would you recommend them?

11. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  12. W_L

W_L Member

Piece of beauty :) I have read the reviews and indeed they seem to be to most reasonable choice in terms of handling, stability and grip in on dry and wet surfaces. They might not have the typical cruiser tread pattern, but I suppose looks are less important, than safety. That being said, the front tire from this set has 10mm lower profile, than the stock one (100/90-R17), meaning, that the center of gravity might be moved slightly to the front of bike. I wonder if it affects handling in any noticeable way? Did you have a chance to ride it when it was still on stock tires?

R. J. likes this.
  13. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Our 250 had the original tires on it with only 1195 miles on them. They was way to dry rotted to be ridin on. I couldn't find a 100/90-17 tire. 10 mm difference in height doesn't affect the handling. The speedo is off by 2 MPH.

W_L likes this.
  14. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

You sure did a great job bringing that bike back R.J. I'd say it's one of the best examples around anywhere!

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Thanks MARKUS. I'm still going to get the muffler rechromed. Also when I pulled the decals off of the swingarm the paint came with it. It's getting powder coated KAW silver.