1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

1985 ZL900 A1 -- Not Running but can be fixed

Chikara Oct 1, 2018

1. Chikara

Chikara Well-Known Member

Accidentally posted this under parts. Even though it's not running right now, it's still a full bike that can be fixed.

Hey guys. I am selling my 1985 ZL900. I listed it as a Project Bike or for Parts. I rode it through the Summer of 2017. Then the return throttle cable broke. I put in in my garage and, as it sat, the battery corroded and died and now I don't get any power when I turn on the ignition, even with a jumper attached to the dead battery, so there is probably some other electrical problem that has developed.

I don't want to go through the work of fixing this to sell it, so I listed it the way I did and priced it at $700.

Here is my local Craigslist advertisement:

https://jxn.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1985-zl900-eliminator-project/6711557959.html

Thanks,

Chikara (Billy Woolfolk)

2. Chikara

Chikara Well-Known Member

Sold