1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

1985 eliminator 900. carb issues

Bryan Currier Dec 14, 2018

1. Bryan Currier

Bryan Currier New Member

1985 eliminator zl900. I had this bike for a number of years, but the bike has sat for 3 or so year. I'm trying to get it running again. So this is what I've done so far.
    1. I took the carb out and clean up all the jets & bowls.
    2. The fuel mixture screw I set to 2 1/8 turns out like the manual said.
    3. I've repaired the tank pit cock valve.
    I reinstalled the carb but not sure about one of the hoses connections placement.
    1. I have a vent hose that is tee connecting one and four carb. Number two carb is connected to the canister.
    So my question is I have another vent hoes that come from the canister vent side, dose that go on to the main pit cock on the fuel tank. Because gas come out of the canister.
    If any one has pictures for the tank pit cock and from the top of the carb that would be very helpful.

Thank Bryan

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Number 2 carb should go to the petcock while the tee-d 1&4 lines go to the smog valve.

3. Bryan Currier

Bryan Currier New Member

That is what I have connected. The second carb on the tank petcock side is connected to the small petcock the fuel valve. what is the bigger petcock on the fuel tank connect to?

4. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

5. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

B4DAD689-0B4C-43F5-AF36-244D7FA20768.jpeg
    Connects to the carbs. The connection point is on the bottom, between the middle carbs.

A fuel filter will be installed between this line and petcock.

R. J. likes this.