1. Guest, In order to get the most out of the new software, we have created How to Videos.
    They are located in a sub forum under the "Website Related" forum. Visit them and if they help be sure to "LIKE" the post.
    Dismiss Notice

zl600 installed k&n filter pods. just wont run right.... help please !!!!

derekb45 Jul 13, 2013

1. derekb45

derekb45 Member

has anyone installed K&N filter pods on a zl 600? if so how was your experience?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. golddrakul

golddrakul Well-Known Member

Do a site search, several threads about this.

Later...

3. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I have K&N pods on my 600 and it runs fine. You will have to rejet the carbs to achieve the correct results. Depending what jet kit you use will determine the size jets.

4. pyrofitr1368

pyrofitr1368 Supporting Member

I had a ZL600 with K+N's and a dynojet kit....she screamed! I tried to find my notes on the pilot,jets, and mains ...no luck.I'll keep looking.

5. 38Poet

38Poet Member

So if you have filters on each of the carbs and not the stock air box, the carbs need to be rejetted? If so I'm thinking the po of my bike didn't know what they were doing and messed up a good portion of everything I'm going to need to get it up and running again.

6. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yes, you have to rejet each carb with larger jets. The size jet you use will depend on the kit that you use and also weather you have stock or aftermarket exhausts. Each manufacturer should have baseline directions that should get you in the ball park as to the size.

7. Patrick Davis

Patrick Davis New Member

I have encountere the same problem but I put a jet kit in it and I have switched from the more air jets to the more air and free flow exhaust and I can not get it to stay running or even get it to full use of motor