1. Guest, In order to get the most out of the new software, we have created How to Videos.
    They are located in a sub forum under the "Website Related" forum. Visit them and if they help be sure to "LIKE" the post.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL1000 WISCONSIN

kvalheim Jul 5, 2017

1. kvalheim

kvalheim Active Member

2. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: This bike exact pics are on www.bikepics.com from 5 years ago. The title states that the mileage is exempt.

3. kvalheim

kvalheim Active Member

I see just about all of our members bike pictures on that site www.bikepics.com
    Is that you R.J. that are posting them.:popcorn:

4. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: Yes my user name on www.bikepics.com is FLrider but I have not up loaded any pics in about 2 years.

5. kvalheim

kvalheim Active Member

I thought it was you. Cool pics and add some more when you get time.

6. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: I guess I can from new members from the past 2 years but most don't have any albums attached to there profile page.

7. sttubs

sttubs New Member

I bought this bike and just joined ZL-OA. It's very nice, just turned over 13,000 on the ride home. Took the windshield off then wife promptly ran it over so I won't be using that again.

8. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: Welcom to the site. Nice bike. :notworthy:.

9. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

Nice bike at a decent price. If ya ask me, your wife did you a favor by running that thing over.:thumbsup:

10. kvalheim

kvalheim Active Member

Welcome to the site.

11. sttubs

sttubs New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I do have a couple of questions, I noticed the comment about the chrome horn covers, is that something that was part of the original bike or an OEM option? Also I was wondering about adjusting the rear shocks, is it as simple as turning the top to another setting?
    It seems like it's pretty stiff when riding alone and and not stiff enough with a passenger.

12. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

The horn covers snap on and tended to fly off. They are original, not an option. Most people that still have them take them off and apply silicone to help bond the cover to the horn for some insurance.

(1 soft - 4 stiff) shock settings in the rear adjust for weight and you can add air to adjust ride quality, try 10 psi to start and see if it helps.

Front shocks can take air as well. Don't blow your seals out with too much though. Manual has guidelines.

13. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

And only add air to the front forks with a hand pump, not a hose!

14. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: I run 20 PSI in my forks along with 30 weight Belray fork oil. Also I upgraded to Progressive fork springs using 2 1/4 inch long air conduit 1/2 pipes. The horn covers are hard to find. I had 7. One fell off when I first got my bike in 2010. 2 I gave away. I put the 2 nicest ones on my bike & I have a spare set of horns with covers that are really nice but not for sale.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM