1. Guest, In order to get the most out of the new software, we have created How to Videos.
    They are located in a sub forum under the "Website Related" forum. Visit them and if they help be sure to "LIKE" the post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Motorcycle day's 2017

furchin Sep 2, 2016

1. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

i would like to make it this year, & plan to do so, but if there is not enough interests from others i just don't know what to say !!! the more that show up, the more fun it is, & not to mention, worth all the efforts of putting/ planning everything together for the weekend. PLEASE People, post up if you plan to attend this year.....

2. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

OK, it's a done deal now without any responses. I will call or email the AMA and tell them we (ZL-OA) will NOT be needing a club corral spot this year. For anyone who does show up for a day or so have fun.

3. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: That blows.

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yes, it's sad to see this tradition lose interest and die but I can't say I'm all that surprised. Seems there's an awful lot of dudes losing or have lost interest in these bikes and this site generally over the last couple of years which is sad for me to watch. Some of us are heavily invested in these bikes both in time and treasure and then for some, it seems to have been a fad or impulse to have gotten involved in them to begin with. Most of us remember them from our younger days and alot of us had them back then but I do know it takes a burning passion to stay with them and that's something that some guys don't have or can't keep alive inside them. Furchin, thanks for your efforts on trying to get this event together for us again Brother......I for one appreciate it.

kvalheim likes this.
  5. WillyD

WillyD Well-Known Member

It sucks that it won't happen this year. I for one can say that the passion for the bike hasn't faded in me. From 1985 when the 900 first hit the streets I was hooked. It would be 22 years before I finally had one. One of the coolest things about it for me were the trips to VMD and getting to hang out and ride with other people who all owned a ZL. In October of 2007 I got my 900 and shortly after that I was directed here by ZLMark. At the time I was divorced and living alone and dove in head first. Eventually life happened and one thing lead to another that makes it very difficult to attend VMD. For me it's not a lost interest in the bike or the people here at all. Martin has been instrumental in every VMD and getting things squared away and I also appreciate his efforts and time spent.

6. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: I'm with ya Bill. I've only gone to one VMD in 2013. It was a good time & was great meeting all you guys. I think we had around 20 bikes or so & about 25 people showed up. Bud didn't even bring his bike. Being in FL is the hardest part because it was over 22 hours to Mid OH for me. Driving by myself sucked. I really would of liked to have gone every year but life gets in the way. More so the money that it takes to do the trip. Pulling a trailer it cost me around a grand in fuel for the round trip.

7. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

i'm speachless ! this would have been the 10 yr. anniversary of ZL-OA (as a group) attending VMD's, but i understand why Furchin pulled us out..

i have attended this event every year since 2007. (most years spending 4 days at track) a lot of fun, from the camping, going out to eat, hanging with other members at club space, wrenching on some Awesome ZL's, the cook outs, & most of all the group rides... i'm gonna miss this tradition A LOT !

Gonna miss seeing my Bro's Too !
    Thank you Furchin, for all your efforts trying to get this together this year. like Markus, i really apprciate the efforts....

Sincerely, Chris

kvalheim likes this.
  8. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Thank you guys for the kind words. As mentioned, for whatever reason thinks change year to year for members to attend or not to attend. Last year was dismal for attendance and this year was heading in the same direction. While I could have secured a spot for us in case anyone showed up I did not want to put us in a spot with the AMA that may hinder future attendance of their event. I don't know how the AMA feels about those groups that secure spots for the club corral and then not show up as some of us have seen every year while at the event.

9. CHRIS

you made the rite decision Bro ! maybe we can take this year to rally up support for attendee's of VMD's 2018

10. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm sure not ready to close the door on any future events and yes, I'll miss you guys too and the things we do while there for the weekend. My intention wasn't to call anyone out or anything like that......was just making an observation. If we can revive this for next year, I'm in! Still may ride my Voyager VII up there this year for the day on Saturday......weather permitting.

11. CHRIS

if you are able to ride up that sat. let me know, & i'll meet you there.

12. markus56

Sure thing Brother!

13. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Markus, If you would like, I live about 10 to 15 minutes from there and have 5 acres. You are more than welcome to pitch a tent on my property if you would like. Would give you a place to settle in for the night before your ride back.

14. rammy1500

rammy1500 Supporting Member

If you don't get the club space, everyone can hang out at my camping spot.

15. markus56

I'll keep these options in mind and thanks for the offers. I really enjoy the event so I'm probably gonna' show up.

16. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

Thanks for your efforts Furchin, unfortunately it's not a good time for me to attend this year. The year I attended I was welcomed with open arms by you folks, met Mark the site founder, and the group ride to the damn was one my most enjoyable afternoons of ZL ownership. I will do everything in my powers to attend next year!