1. Guest, In order to get the most out of the new software, we have created How to Videos.
    They are located in a sub forum under the "Website Related" forum. Visit them and if they help be sure to "LIKE" the post.
    Dismiss Notice

Toy hauler for sale

WillyD May 4, 2017

1. WillyD

WillyD Well-Known Member

I am most upset with myself. I told him no initially. I wasn't interested. I wouldn't use it. Thought it was a done deal. I should have held my ground when he called me a couple weeks later. I didn't. I should have known better. He got it in a deal from a guy who owed him money. That guy never titled the thing either. At the time I agreed to buy it, I wasn't aware of that. The thing sat for two years. I wasn't aware of that either. I thought this guy had recently gotten the trailer and when he couldn't come up with the money he gave it to my buddy. I know nothing about an RV. I have never owned one. I don't know what to look for. What could have or should have been done to it. I took nobody with me that would know that. I wasn't really even seriously considering buying it. I went on what my buddy told me about how awesome it was. How it was worth so much more money than I would pay for it. I was given the word that in maybe a months time he would be back on his feet and would most likely buy it back from me. Thinking I was helping him out and he was a friend I thought I had, I decided to go ahead.

I am a mechanic. If it was a vehicle I would know what to look for. What to avoid, etc. I never buy something without doing research and/or tapping into a trusted friend who would know more than me about it. I didn't do that. That is on me for not doing that. When the realization hit me that it did not appear I was gonna get my money back and not have to deal with it. I reached out to get ahold of the title and see about getting it moved. I had intended to get it to my house where I could clean it all up and go thru and check some of the stuff on it for function, etc. The way it went down that never happened. I told this guy who bought it that I was sorry it wasn't cleaned up and up to my standards for presentation. I don't own a twist lock adaptor for the 110v to be able to hook it up. It was close enough to a building over there Friday where we could have run power to it but with no adaptor we couldn't. I was gonna go buy one but when I got to the place it was like $35. I figured I didn't wanna spend that in order to hook it up and see how the electric stuff worked only to never use it again. The guy asked me if all the stuff worked on it. I flat out told the guy that from what I understood it did but that I could not verify it because I myself never checked that stuff. I told him that if I had I would tell him but I told him I would never tell him I had if I infact had not. I told him and his wife both to take all the time they wanted to look it over. I also told him that if they wanted to we could get it somewhere to fill tanks and check stuff, etc. They declined. I felt bad because I had not done all those things and satisfied myself that all was good. I felt like an idiot selling something to someone that I really didn't know much of anything about. One thing I never did was tell them something that wasn't true. I told them exactly how I came to get it, etc.

People who truly know me would understand why I feel sick to my stomach about the whole thing. It was nothing but a thorn in my side from the word go. I should have stood my ground and said no. That's nobody's fault but mine..It's over and done with now.

2. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member

:hello: I wouldn't worry about it. The people who bought it most likely do not hold you responsible for the problems that arose.

3. R. J.

R. J. Well-Known Member