1. Guest, In order to get the most out of the new software, we have created How to Videos.
    They are located in a sub forum under the "Website Related" forum. Visit them and if they help be sure to "LIKE" the post.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Guards, Anyone?

GAZL900 Apr 3, 2009

1. thegrindrr

thegrindrr Member

I am in. They look great. How do we work out the details (payment, shipping, etc.)?

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm leaving for Maui tomorrow and when I get back next week, I'll be getting a price together and getting them underway. Stay tuned to this thread.......:thumbsup:

3. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Enjoy and have a safe trip. :headbang:

4. thegrindrr

thegrindrr Member

Hello all!
    Any status updates on the case guards?

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Well, I've been purposely holding off on posting till I have something more definate to report but I guess I'll have to find a different shop to do the work. Thought I had one but after taking them my jig and bars, I'm still waiting on them to give me a price and it's been two weeks now since my last contact. Good help is hard to find these days but I haven't given up and will find some place to do them soon I hope. Sorry it's not happened yet guys but I will get it done eventually. Thanks for your interests and patience.

6. helgi33

helgi33 Well-Known Member

I have two sets I bought 3-4 years ago... if anybody needs a set urgently I can easily let one of mine go.. I am in the UK so the shipping might be few dollars and days more.. shouldnt be that much though. They are bare metal.. no chrome or paint

7. dangerous340

dangerous340 Member

I'm still in for a set, Sorry I don't really think about bikes all winter. Just came in from firing the Summer DD up and going for a short spin.

8. markus56

I fully intend to get these made guys and I still have the list of members wanting them. Life's throwing me alot of curves too lately but I will get it done as soon as I find the suitable shop. I sent to England for the set that Helgi33 had and they fit my jig alot better since they are still bare metal instead of the powder coated ones I had.

9. aljjess

aljjess Member

I'm in for one set

10. markus56

Gotcha' down on the list.

11. hmt81

hmt81 Active Member

Markus, any update on the crash bars or am I on the wrong link?

12. markus56

This is the right link......just haven't had any news to post. I'm still wanting to get them done but a thousand dollar order isn't enough to motivate some shops and others I've encountered aren't up to snuff. With a little luck and patience, I'm bound to find a suitable shop before much longer. I haven't given up on this, just need to devote more time to my search. Don't give up on me guys.....

13. hmt81

hmt81 Active Member

Thanks for the update !

14. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

I have an original set that was never powder coated if someone needs it right away. They are ready for paint of choice and install. I believe these came from Markus years ago. Just been sitting on my shelf.

15. markus56

I'm interested Brad.....PM me your price.

16. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Markus, I will send you some pics tonight.

17. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Markus, didn't get home until late, you will have pics sometime today. I think I paid 85 or 90 for these but 80 bucks and actual shipping it's yours. I have a killer UPS account with huge discounts if shipped to a business address.

Pics today sometime.

18. thegrindrr

thegrindrr Member

Whenever you pull the trigger on the case guards I am still interested.

19. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Markus, attached are pictures, send me a PM if interested. Sorry so late but have been on the road.

Attached Files:

20. markus56

Yes, I'll take them Brad. Send me your paypal info and I'll get it sent with shipping.